Re: Possibly have found car

To: "Benjamin Ruset" <bruset@monmouth.com>
Subject: Re: Possibly have found car
From: "Tyson Sherman" <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 23:24:29 -0500
> Well, the mechanic is going with me tomorrow to inspect the car and tell
me
> what mistake I'm getting into...

Good idea.  You ought to take a 15-20 minute test
drive to see how the oil pressure and temperature
gauges behave.  Before the rebuild I would lose
about 40lbs of oil pressure in 15 minutes!

> I'm already poor! I've got to sell my dependable everyday problem free
car
> and buy a MGB!!!

Now ya've got a point there.  B's can be dependable
(mine is).  They can be everyday (mine is).  Problem
free is another point.  Some of them (especially those
in the $1400-2000 range) need some tinkering while
those around $5000 should be perfect.

Buy the best one you can afford and don't buy the
first one you see (like me).  Listen to the engine.
Remember to make it dependable before making it
pretty, and HAVE FUN!

Tyson