Re: Possibly have found car

To: bruset@monmouth.com
Subject: Re: Possibly have found car
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 09:30:03 EDT
On Mon, 13 Oct 1997 18:36:26 -0400 Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
writes:

>I think I have finally made up my mind on what to do:
>
>Hold on to the Mercury
>Get enough money up to buy my mothers 88 10th Anniversary Rx-7 as a
>daily driver
>Save up more money and get a B as a weekend project/show/restore car
>
>My main reason for holding off on the B right now is that i do need a
>dependable driver. My Mercury is about as much fun as watching mold
>grow, so the Rx-7 would fill the "fun" niche in well. Using that as a
>driver, I'd be able to have a B on the side that I don't need as a
dependable car.
>Think that works out better, plus I'd maybe be able to get historical
>plates for the car, and pay less for insurance! =)

You havnt mentioned what type of mercury you have, - at the risk of
heresy will relate
a true story - about 6 years ago we were going through a particularly
tricky patch
financially and i had to sell my car of the time to raise a bit of cash -
i still had
to have wheels to get to work so i bought an 82 mercury grand marquis -
great boat of a car but it was cheap,faded, had a 5 litre engine that
would run forever and
-did i mention it was cheap??
over a 3 year period i basically restored it to close to original
condition, this mostly
involved cleaning the damn thing and painting and detailing the engine
but i had
fun doing it and since i couldnt afford a real car at the time was a sort
of methodone
solution! in the 3 years i put over 100k on it and sold it for close to
twice what i paid
(1800 v 1000!!!) - it may be a cheaper solution while you search for the
right beast,
it will slake your thirst to be involved AND it will keep you out of a
bloody Maz*a!!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT