Re: midget tire suggestions

To: "Dustin Howarth" <howarth@pulsenet.com>, "mg list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: midget tire suggestions
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 97 10:40:11 -0400
>Hi all,
>
>After my driving season in my midget, I'm looking ahead to making some
>improvements during the off-season.  Could those of you with spridgets
>please give me some recommendations on tire size, brand, and model for my
>'73 Midget.  I'm probably up for investing in good tires, but would also
>like to save a few bucks if possible.
>
>I'm running stock rostyle wheels, so how wide can I go?  I have old Dunlop
>SP4 145SR13's on it now, and I like the profile height.  Would I want a 70
>aspect ratio if I go to 155 or 165 width?
>
>Dustin Howarth
>howarth@pulsenet.com
>'73 Midget
I have 185/70R13's on my 78. I have always liked Michelins but the only
ones in that size look too blocky for my taste. I Mail Ordered some
Continentals that look kind of Euro style and seem to be good for
handling. I haven't really pused them too hard except on the Skylin trip
but that was mostly weight for the camping gear and not "spirited"
driving.

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Oh yea they are on Wires w/ a 4" width and fit well.