Commercial use of the lists...

To: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Subject: Commercial use of the lists...
From: Kai Radicke <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 20:44:36 -0400
Philippe Tusler wrote:

>Yes, Ed.  Actually you were one of those I was referring to.  The intent
>of this list is to provide a forum for discussion, not an access for
>commercial ventures.  Much as I appreciate the offer, I must decline,
>and request that you respect the charter of this list.  I'm sorry if
>you feel offended.

I agree with Philippe 100%!!!  This is a discussion list, and shouldn't be
used for commercial purposes. (See the Rules for Business use at
http://www.team.net )!

I don't mind the occasional "car forsale" or "transmission forsale".  But
things then get out of hand, and if you want to sell your goods...then the
Autojumble list is the place for you.  The Autojumble list is moderated by
MJB, and only relevant emails get thru.

Send an email to:

majordomo@autox.team.net

WITH the word " SUBSCRIBE AUTOJUMBLE    " in the message body.

Minor advertising like "hey I just got the new aluminum MGB heads in, and
they look great" is OK.  I think that is very helpful...but things like:

FORSALE:

1.      Steer Rack...$xxx
2.      MGA Frame...$xxx
3.      SU HS4s...$xxx
etc, etc, etc...

that kind of advertising doesn't belong here.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not
saying that all the commercial LBC guys on the lists should leave, they are
a great help.

There are other avenues to take when representing a business on the
Internet.  (setup your own email list for advertising, like BPC has
done...or setup a website and put the address in your signature (indirect
adverting).

Cheers,

Kai

Kai Radicke -- mowogmg@pil.net, 1966 MGB @ http://www.pil.net/~mowogmg
Dialogue Internet - Intelligent Internet Solutions (Net Khan)

IRC: irc.voicenet.com, #inet-access (my nick: ActiveX or KMR)