Re: Contemplating Rape...

To: Nory@webtv.net
Subject: Re: Contemplating Rape...
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 20:55:44 EDT
On Mon, 13 Oct 1997 09:06:13 -0400 Nory@webtv.net (Nory) writes:
>Most definitely buy it!  I'm a firm believer in the value of parts
>cars.
>Keep every restorable piece you possibly can.  Rebuild the starter,
>calipers, distributor, master cylinder, slave cylinder, etc., and
>you'll
>always have like-new spare parts for your car.  I know it's a pain to
>store that stuff, but it sure is nice to have what you need right
>away,
>rather than waiting for the UPS guy.  If any body parts are
>salvageable
>(grill, bumpers, boot lid, etc), hang onto them

SNIP
 Case in point. Bought a BGT for 75$; no title body w/serious rust. Found
it had a pristine OD tranny. Installed in my GT. Stripped all usable
parts, including doors and hatch.
  Dumb neighbor backed into the drivers door and destroyed same.
Insurance co. paid for a new door. Guess where I'm getting the door? Yep
out of the pile in the storage building.  The wife now thinks I'm pretty
intelligent, instead of the "What are you saving all those parts for??
that's dumb" comments heard earlier.
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget