Re: Contemplating Rape...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Contemplating Rape...
From: Mark Moburg <markmoburg@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 00:49:20 -0400 (EDT)
At 03:18 PM 10/13/97 EDT, you wrote:

>I am in 90 percent agreement - certainly it is impossible NOT to get $200
>worth of value out of a parts car -
        *       *       *
 there are a lot of parts that just never wear out
>and end up being dust collectors - for example, seat frames+ rails,
>battery covers, rear end hub backing plates, timing chain covers
                                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>mike robson
>69 roadster
>70 BGT
>72 roadster
>(plus 2 engines, 2 gearboxes, 2 front ends, 1 rear end, 2 bonnets, 1
>boot, 1 tailgate, 3 or 4 wings, several doors,
>a nice strong GT body frame,boxes and boxes of uncleaned bits and
>bags,drawers,boxes of cleaned/restored bits........)

====REPLY====
Caveat to this:  any MGA owner with an original timing cover will gladly
exchange good cash money for a later neoprene seal type timing cover and oil
slinger to stop the fershluginer leak out the crappy felt seal.  F'r god's
sake don't throw those away!

Mark Moburg
MarkMoburg@mindspring.com
Seattle, Washington