Re: music at car shows

To: rfeibusch@loop.com
Subject: Re: music at car shows
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 12:43:55 EDT
On Tue, 14 Oct 1997 19:33:15 -0700 (PDT) rfeibusch@loop.com (Rick
Feibusch) writes:
> Fred Thomas <vafred@erols.com> asked:(SNIPS)
>
>Why clubs as well as  promotors have to BLAST out all that loud rock
>music
>at car shows ?
>
>Dear Fred.
>As a car show promoter for well over 25 years, I can say that music is
>integral part of what we do.
>I'm sure that there are a few of you out there that will disagree, but
>this is what works for me.
>See you all on the Funway!  Rick Feibusch - Venice, CA

Nice reply Rick - the tenor was what it should be - Tolerance!!
There is no way that in a gathering of several hundred people to  please
even
half of them,let alone people whos passion is the restoration and
enjoyment
of something so specific as aged British machinery - such people are sure
to have
strong preferences!
Music is a great addition to shows - pretty much anything is just fine as
long as there is a
mix, 4 hours of ONLY big bands or ONLY David Bowie, or ONLY chamber music
, whatever,
will surely grind on the nerves-  but aint it great when you're having a
nice day in the sun
with a few mates and some cool cars and someone puts on something you
really like....
tolerance.........applies to more than just music at shows!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster