New to MG's and looking at a '69

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: New to MG's and looking at a '69
From: "Victoria & David Boyd" <millview@limestone.kosone.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 19:06:09 -0400
Hi folks:
I fancy MG's and have been test driving a couple. Never owned one before. A
'69 (registered in '70) has caught my eye. Nicely restored.  Mechanic had a
fine tooth comb when he went over it and found the following:

-needs new springs
-rad has oil in coolant
-head gasket is blown
-wiring broken to heater fan
-trunk and bonnet has filler and is blistering (car was painted-restored(?)
5 years ago
-needs 5 new tires
-brakes on right side are oil soaked
-rocker panels (home made) were repaired recently with pop rivets - lots of
brazing, resin and gaps
-King pins are loose and need rebuild
-battery needs clean and refit.
Estimated cost of mechanics $3K not counting the paint and body work
Owner asking $6K+ and claims it's worth 8.

Comments, opinions and advice is welcome, appreciated and required.

Thanks.

Victoria.