Re: New CA Smog Laws...Now Look what PA went and did!!!!

To: doug russell <dr-doug@classic.msn.com>,
Subject: Re: New CA Smog Laws...Now Look what PA went and did!!!!
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 03:04:14 -0400
doug russell wrote:
> they pass these dumb laws - they think we're all blithering idiots!!!!

  If you aren't a blithering idiot, then you should have
no problems with any law.

   However, there are blithering idiots out there
and the laws serve to protect us all from them.

  If you think "the safety test" is such a waste, wait a
few months, then go buy the tester a beer and ask them for some
stories of cars people tried to get passed.

  I've heard stories of steering racks patched with
broom handles, throttle linkages fixed with string, who
knows how many rolls of duct tape.

  I don't want myself, my cars, or my family out
sharing the roads with just any car that can be made to
move forward under it's own power.

  Do you want to be driving on a rough two lane highway
knowing that the car coming at you could have that
broomhandle for a steering rack? He's one pothole
away from finding out whether the car prefers to
veer uncontrollably to the left or to the right at
60mph.

  Whether it's a safety law or an environmental law, it
doesn't make sense if you don't look past the end of your
bumpers.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada