Freedom

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Freedom
From: pat bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 21:05:29 -0700
The reason I feel the way I do is I feel that our freedom is being
jepordized by the intrusion of all these laws.I didn't own a car until I
was almost 21 I was too poor. I still remember being reliant on
rapid??transit,having to wait in the rain for a bus or streetcar taking
forever to get there.Then my Dad sold me a 57 Buick 4 dr It was a piece
of junk but it was gold to me.All of a sudden I could go where and when
I could!What a feeling of freedom!Back then you just went down to the
DMV and paid a few bucks and you were on your happy way.I couldn't
afford to fill the tank even at 30 cts a gallon but it sure was great to
go on a date without riding a bus.Today I see restrictions on every
aspect of using a car I am sorry but I feel that my freedom to be able
to do this in the future is doubtful.In LA there is now a law giving a
ticket to someone for parking his car in front of his own house on his
own property! You get a ticket for not wearing a seat belt,You have to
jump through hoops every 2 years!What is next?I feel in todays world
owning a car should be  a right, not a privelege.How would you like your
wife  to try to go get groceries on a bus?We won a small victory with
SB42 but they do have plans up their sleeves and maybe you guys won't
think I'm such a wacko when it all comes down on us in a few years.It is
far easier to stop a trend before it gets out of hand than try to fix it
later.If someone had made a stink about MTBE BEFORE it was shoved down
our throats we wouldn't be trying to get rid of it now.We have to become
as active as the "tree huggers"Let them know how much we will and will
not take,it worked on SB42 Now I know some of you will say" No LBC
content!!" But IF
we can't drive 'em it won't matter.
Pat start flamin"