RE: Not Again!!!!! MGB disaster

To: "ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU" <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Subject: RE: Not Again!!!!! MGB disaster
From: patti morris <mgj2@globaldialog.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 09:13:08 -0500
This story reminds me of what happened to a friend's engine a while back.
This is a good story for Halloween ....sorta scary if you are sitting on a
rebuilt engine you haven't run..hehe.

Anyway, he spent a lot of money having a well known area machine shop
rebuild short block from his MGB. The shop did a full job including
grinding the crank, sized the rods, new cam, pistions, oil pump, bearings
all around, timing chain...the works. I think he only had to put on the
head and sump and accessories before he put it in his car and drove it to
work. On the way home, he lost oil pressure and found all sorts of nasty
noises. The autopsy revealed the cause of death to be shot blasting media.
The shop had left a pocket of the stuff somewhere and it had gone through
the entire engine. It was all pretty much junk after that.----------