Re: Not Again!!!!! MGB disaster

To: smurf3@softcom.net
Subject: Re: Not Again!!!!! MGB disaster
From: mgb.roadster@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 22:45:44 -0600
James, many use Fram filters, I don't.  Fram has various qualities of
Filters.  If you cut one of there cheaper ones open you'll find the
"check valve" is pretty minimal.  Because of the way the filter is
mounted on the B engine the check valve becomes critical.  You don't want
the oil pump to have to fill the oil filter before it oils the engine.

Some of their more expensive "brands" of filters have better check
valves.

Larry Hoy (MGB.Roadster@juno.com)
Denver, CO USA
1969 MGB Roadster