Re: Water pumps was my 'brake'

To: bugide@juno.com
Subject: Re: Water pumps was my 'brake'
From: barneymg@juno.com (Barney Gaylord)
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 14:57:59 EDT
On Tue, 21 Oct 1997 10:04:58 EDT bugide@juno.com (Larry Dickstein)
writes:

>If I remember correctly, yes, they will all fit.  The problems arise
when you go to hook up the smog stuff that was attached to brackets on
the pump.  The belt alignment can be a problem as well.
>On Mon, 20 Oct 1997 21:42:37 -0600 mgb.roadster@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
>writes:
>>I once looked for a cast iron water pump for my B (1967 engine).  I
could only locate a cast iron one for a late model engine.
>>Will the late model cast iron pump fit on the early engine?

Whoa.  Still no.  The Water pumps for the 5-main and 3-main engines are
not interchangeable.  The later models have a larger impeller and are not
lined up on the same axis.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude