Re: Mgb Banjo Tool

To: "Richard A. Boris" <borisri@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Mgb Banjo Tool
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 08:57:48 -0500
I'll admit to being a tool junkie. But when I was faced with this dillema, I
shopped around for a 3/4 drive socket set. The one I purchased was very,
very shiny, built by the talents of our far eastern neighbors, is not
exactly Snap-On quality, and was prcied under $100. For that I got a
ratchet, breaker T-bar, an extension, plus a dozen sockets from 1 inch to 2
and something.

Over five years of ownership, I've used the set maybe a dozen times. When
you need them, you need them bad. No, the quality ain't great but the tools
have plenty of heft and you don't have to rely on them very often. My club
friends used to chuckle at my 'junk tool' set until they needed something.
Now they don't make fun of them anymore.

If you ain't a tool junky, call a good rental outfit and rent one.

--
Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)
"An extrovert computer programmer? One who talks while staring at YOUR