Pleasant Drive

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Pleasant Drive
From: rwatson@netpass.com (Ralph Watson)
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 12:39:14 +0000
Reading of people driving in snow flurries got me tickled, it is still
80 degrees here in the shadow of Disney World.
        Drove to the MG Club meeting last Thursday evening,  first hints of
fall in the air. Of course my top is up. Up in the rafters of the
garage! where it will be living from now on most likely. Was pressed for
time to get to the meeting so I took FL 50 to the Turnpike to Orlando
E-W expressway to 436 South then to meeting hall. Forty three minutes of
white knuckles, 75 mph 18 wheelers and crazy fools every inch of the 32
miles and $2.25 in tolls.
        Had a good meeting, although the president was absent but the treasurer
gave me a check to cover the newsletter stamps.
        Talked with Sue from British American Motors about setting up a web
page for them on  my ISP. I have a bodacious picture of a beautifully
done Rover V8 converted **Midget** that Roland and Tony put together
taken at our June club day at B-A-M. will ask my son to put on his web
site so you can see it and post URL when he gets it ready.
        The drive home was a completely different kettle of fish. Avoided all
roads with numbers for names and more than 2 lanes.$0 tolls, 40 mph max,
135 minutes and 63 miles.
        Guess which trip I enjoyed more.
--
Ralph E Watson
'76 B Tourer with lots of "charm"

rwatson@netpass.com
with apologies to Joeph Heller
Some Sports Cars are built mediocre [Tr***phs],
some Sports Cars achieve mediocrity [AH Bug-eye Sp***e descendants],
and some Sports Cars have mediocrity thrust upon them [Corvette].