When in '74?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: When in '74?
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 23:49:29 -0700
Hello listers,
        I recently came across a slight quagmire when listlessly paging through
my
old Vicky-Brit cat.  I was reading the engine and car number page that's right
after
the index, and I saw that in '74, the rubber bumper cars began their production
run
in September of '74.  However, I'm absolutely positive that my '74 chrome
bumpered
car has a manufacture date of October '74, according to the door sill plate!
I'm
also very, very positive that this car was not a chrome bumper convert - there
are no
holes that would indidcate a rubber bumper and the car had original SU's.  Is
it
possible that my car was built after the rubber bumpered cars started, and it
is the
result of raiding the parts bins?
--
Michael S. Lishego