Re: When in '74?

To: Jerry K <jkprod@hc.cns.net>
Subject: Re: When in '74?
From: Peter Landy <plandy@idt.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 00:07:10 -0800
Jerry K wrote:

> Peter & Mike
> FYI
> Production of the 74 Model year began in August of 73 (328101) with chrome
> bumpers.  In January of 74 (339095) large rubber overriders were added to
> the chrome bumpers ("sabrinia" bumper)(some call this a 74-1/4).  In
> September of 74 (360301) production of the 74-1/2 began with full rubber
> bumpers.  In December of 74 (367901) production of the 75 model began.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Jerry K.
> 3 74-1/2 MGB
> 1 75 anniversary MGB

Hi Jerry, thanks for your informative reply.  I gather the enclosed
numbers next to the given years indicate the serials which would be part
of the MG's VIN tag.  Also, are the VIN numbers from the tag on the
dashboard and the tag on the engine block supposed to be identical?  I
am trying to determine if the engine inside my MG is original.

Peter Landy
'74 BGT