Re: New Body

To: mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu
Subject: Re: New Body
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 01:15:11 +0000
> Hello,
>       On the "Crack of Doom" thread, someone mentioned a new motor heritage
> bodyshell.  Has anyone bought one and tried to swap bodies?  (From cars, that
>is?)  I
> was just wondering how many folks have tried it, and how many are now
>mentally
> instable from such an imposing task.  No, I could never afford one...Just
>curious.
> --
> Michael S. Lishego
> St. Andrews Presbyterian College
> Elementary Education Major,
> English Minor, Class of 1999
> R.A. of Winston-Salem Hall

I'm curious about these too.  The thing that frightens me is I don't
know if they're selling well enough that they'll still be making them
when I'm ready to buy one.  Moss has 3 left, and has reduced the
price to $3495.  Motorhead just has one, but I get the impression
that's all they keep in stock.
        According to Lindsay Porter's book, the early ones had some fitment
problems, and holes that didn't quite line up.  Evidently, since
they've now begun supplying them with doors, boot and bonnet already
attached, some of these problems have been resolved.  Moss still
recommends test-fitting the radiator surround, the heater box, and
the steering column.  They also say that some bodywork will be
necessary to get the shocks to fit.  Anyone heard how hard these
things are to do?
        BTW,  It appears from the Porter book that GT bodies are also
available.  Any of these make it to the states?
Scott
Scott Gardner
gardner@lwcomm.com
www.lwcomm.com/~gardner