Re: your mail

To: Michelle CamilleriPaul Senior <michcam@senet.com.au>
Subject: Re: your mail
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 10:32:00 -0800 (PST)
Did you have a subject like upgrading brakes? I get about 150 messages a day
and delete based on subject. To answer your question... Try getting a Seven
Enterprises Catalog. They have a lot of performance stuff. One of the things
you could do would be to upgrade to larger pads on the front. These are
normal media pads, just bigger. You will have to cut your rotors to remove
the ridge from your nomal sized pads because these will contact that area.
You can also replace the rear cylinders with smaller ones to proportion the
brake presure to the front. Be carefull when getting upgraded pads. Some are
designed for racing and optimised to reduce fade but will perform poorly for
street use. A properly working stock brake system should work fine in most
cases. I would try to make sure that your rear brakes are properly adjusted,
not contaminated with axle oil or brake fluid, and are functioning properly.
Same goes for the front and you should be stopping fine. Beyond the upgrades
I mentioned your looking at $$$ for different calipers/Rotors and pads. A
good deal of the money is spent on reducing brake fade.

Seven Enterprises
800.992.7007 Order
804.873.3327 Fax
804.873.0007 Tech