RE: lots of stuff (tiny MG content)

To: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
Subject: RE: lots of stuff (tiny MG content)
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 10:25:48 -0800
At 08:02 AM 10/27/97 -0800, you wrote:
>There was a time in the late 70s, early 80s when rock music rebelled
>from the disco/glitter/punk era and returned to good, short, listenable
>tunes.  This was spearheaded by several British groups like the Records,
>Bram Tchaikovsky, Joe Jackson, etc.  I have heard it referred to as New
>Wave or Power Pop.  The best recent example of this genre is by a group
>called The Outfield. It's filled with lots of ringing guitar work and
>catchy tunes that stick in your head.

...and B.B. Gabor, and Spli Enz and...

Did you say " The Records?"   I didn't think anyone else in the world had
even heard of them, let alone remember.  One of my favourite driving songs
is "Teen-a-rama".  I too used to make up driving tapes of New-Wave
interpersed with my favourites from the `60's. Stones, Who, Beatles,
Badfinger. Man that stuff takes me back.....

Far Out!
  Ross MacPherson
 1947 MG-TC 3528
 1966 MGB-GT