Re: [Non-LBC] Speed control - dremels etc. (technical)

To: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Subject: Re: [Non-LBC] Speed control - dremels etc. (technical)
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 01:05:43 -0800
Ross MacPherson wrote:

> Sorry, no. The dash light circuit uses a rheostat.  It's expensive because:
>          a) it has to be big enough to disipate the heat generated by the
> resistance (see my earlier post) and,
>          b) you can't buy one just anywhere.

Why can't you pick one up out of any junked car, then use the original knob
from the
MG in question?  I know, it's not original, but it would do in a pinch, or
until you
could fork over $70 for a new one.

Saw a beauty of a rubber bumper midget on my way to a golf tournament today.
Yellow,
sitting in some bumpkin's used car lot.  I wonder if it's for sale...Obligatory
cat
content:  As our group teed off on the back nine, a cat trotted across the
fairway
into the woods, and stopped to watch us.  The prodigy that I was paired against
(read: the guy that clobbered me) cranked his drive just hard enough to reach
the cat
on one hop, scaring the bejeezus out of the cat, and providing some humour to
an
otherwise long day!
--
Michael S. Lishego