Re: Engine Oil

To: "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Subject: Re: Engine Oil
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 07:11:35 -0800
I guess I did the wrong thing, then, when I put Mobil One into my Dodge
van's crankcase in place of the Castrol 20-50 I'd been using for the
previous 75K miles.........It sure as heck smoked and the oil consumption
went from zero between changes to 1quart every 600 miles! Obviously, I
should have just poured the stuff on the exhaust manifolds.......

Lawrie

> From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>

(SNIP)
> At one point, I was running synthetic oil in my Plym*uth, and as I
> was filling up, I spilled a big helping on the exhaust manifold.
Expecting the car