Re: Engine Oil

To: jameyh@charles.stanford.edu
Subject: Re: Engine Oil
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 23:58:08 EDT
>From personal experience:
 1- 1974 MG Midget - 257,000 miles always on Castrol. Still has original
crank and std. brngs.
  2- 1973 MG Midget (elder son's) 252,000 miles, always on castrol  -
original crank and std brngs.
  3- 1972 MGBGT - 196,000 miles- Ditto
  4 - 1988 Honda (obligatory non-LBC content) - always on Castrol.
132,000 miles -Never even had the head off!

On 1,2, &3, the inside of the engine is CLEAN. (Can't remark about #4
haveing never looked)
 In all cases, I have never had an oil related problem, beyond the normal
leaks, etc.

 Most important thing, though is regular oil and filter changes (not more
than 3000 mile intervals.

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget