RE: Going to and fro...

To: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>, MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Going to and fro...
From: "EPMD- Van syckel, John" <vansyck@hq.1perscom.heidelberg.army.mil>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 08:13:25 +0100
Ben,

Congrats on the purchase.

I once towed my MGB from San Antonio, TX to Leavenworth, KS using a car
dolly rented from U-Haul.  Just hooked the dolly to the trailer hitch,
drove the front wheels up the ramps (part of the dolly) onto the dolly,
secured the front wheel with straps (supplied), disconnected the drive
shaft, and off I went.  Tow car was a D*dge C*ravan.  Had no problems.

Can't believe U-Haul can't get one of these dollys for you.  If not your
local U-Haul franchise then maybe one near where your MGB is now.  Or,
perhaps you could call U-Haul's main office and they could tell you a
franchise near you, or near your MGB, that has one.

Good luck.

"Jay"
John S. van Syckel
1971 MGB (BRG, no PO)