Re: Interior Stuff

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Interior Stuff
From: Steve & Carol Welch <welches@loop.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 14:16:10 -0800
Ben,

If your gauges are the same as the ones on my '67, you can remove them from
the dash (after some contortion & disconnection).  Once in hand, you'll see
a rubber o-ring around the gauge, to the rear of the bezel.  Slide this off
the back of the gauge, and then *carefully* rotate the bezel until the tabs
on the bezel line up with the gaps on the gauge housing.  The bezel (and
glass) can now be removed from the front and cleaned.  Warning:  I recall
reading somewhere that bezels could only be removed with the most laborious
prying up of those tabs etc.  NOT TRUE!  Work with the gauge until the
bezel can be rotated.

'Course, if your gauges aren't the same, (a) the above may not work, and
(b) no doubt several somebodies will correct me!

If it does work, it's well worth it - big improvement with no great expense.

Good luck!

Steve Welch
'67 MGB roadster
'95 Contour SE