Re: Interior Stuff

To: bruset@monmouth.com
Subject: Re: Interior Stuff
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 1997 21:07:13 EST
Hi Ben,
  You might find that the cloudiness is dirt on the inside of the glass.
I spent yesterday, a rainy day here in CT, removing, cleaning and
replacing all the glass on the instruments in the B, except for the oil
pressure gauge.  My white washcloth turned brown/black with the dirt that
came off. With the glass off, I used a damp Q-tip to clean the dial
faces. A lot of dirt came off them as well.  While the instruments were
out, I unscrewed the lightbulbs, cleaned their tips with a dry cloth and
reinstalled.
  I would not be so brash as to say that the instruments are now easily
read, but at least the glow they make allows for them to be located in a
dark car.
  The use of 7.2v bulbs has been advocated. An electronics-type friend
asked me if the wire size supplying the lights would be adequate to
handle the increased current. Does anyone know for sure?
Bob