Re: New to list, first Q: MGF?

To: mganut@accucomm.net
Subject: Re: New to list, first Q: MGF?
From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 01:09:01 -0500
Mike,

I don't know if that's to whet our appetite or not.  I think that a lot
of the people buying that type of car in this country aren't old enough
to remember, and develop a fondness for, MGs.  Also, those other cars
are known status symbols (and some people buy them because of that) -
MGs aren't.  Maybe they can be, but they're not known for that yet, at
least not in this country.  MGs, here, are known (to those familiar with
them) to be basic, affordable,  but fun, sportscars - not Yuppie status
symbols.

MG would not actually re-enter the American market; they would have to
start fresh - building a reputation as an upscale sports car for the
discriminating young professional (my nephew, the future doctor, would
love one).  At least, that's what it'll take to compete against the
others.

If you get to drive an MGF while you're there, see if you can try out
the RV8 too, and compare the two.

-NORY
Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
ONLY problem.

 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger
 '86 Ford Escort