Re: SU carb2

To: ggraham@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu
Subject: Re: SU carb2
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 22:10:43 EST
Gary,
 All the HIF SU's had "biased needles"  You can tell very easily.  If
there is a small spring under the needle when you remove it, yes it is.
Also, the "biased" needles have a flange around the upper end of the
needle.

As for the proper needle, look in the back of the Haynes SU
Manual,appendix 1.  There is a list of needles for specific carb
applications, listed by marque.  According to it, the correct needle for
your carb(s) is ABD.
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget