Re: SU carb2

To: "Gary A. Graham" <ggraham@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu>,
Subject: Re: SU carb2
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 08:01:28 -0800
Gary....

If you remove the needles from the pistons, you should see the letters ABD
stamped on them. The needles themselves are not biased; the mounting collar
has a small "bump" on one edge which, when installed, biases the needle to
the rear. If your needles are not spring-loaded, they will not have this
bias (nor will they be ABDs!); you will know someone has fitted
earlier-style pistons and needles to your HIFs.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center