Re: Positive Ground to Negative Ground

To: Saman P Perera <sperera@blkbox.com>
Subject: Re: Positive Ground to Negative Ground
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 09:02:08 -0500 (EST)
        1. switch the wires on your battery so that the negative goes to
ground.
        2. hook a jumper wire to the hot side of the fuse box and quickly
touch the other end to the small terminal on the back of the generator. Do
this quickly there will be a little spark. This will polarise the
generator so that it is now set up for negative ground.
        3. Switch the wires on the coil. The sw side or - should go to the
distributor, the cb or + should go to the switch.
        4. Start the car and make sure that the igition light goes out.
        5. Drive away.  For those with newer MG's with electronic tacks a
few other changes would be necessary.  ...Art