More Stupid Questions

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: More Stupid Questions
From: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 18:05:10 -0500
Well, we finally figured out that my car hasn't been on the road since
1985. The inspection stickers were really faded, but at a certain angle
with the right amount of light, you can dimly make out the numerals '85'

Anyway, what should I look to replace? I'm sure that the gas tank is shot
now - it holds the $5 worth of gas that I put into it, but I'm sure that
it's all sludge and muck at the bottom, and rust at the top.

How well do things like the fuel pump &etc hold up? I'm assuming that the
car was not run regularly. The brakes also feel week, so I may replace the
lines with the Stainless Steel ones from the Moss catalog. Anybody have any
experience with these? Is there any benefit to SS lines?

One of the other customers of the shop has a 78 MGB that looks identical to
mine (although a bit more rusted). He parked it next to mine and man...
well, I got a long way to go! =) Well, looks like it'll be a nice
winter/spring project anyway.

Anybody ever hear of a company called "The Proper MG?" The other guy who
left his 78 had a catalog and I was leafing through it. It seems to be (for
the most part) more expensive than Moss, but some things were cheaper. They
were also selling new hardtops for like $580? or so. Weird catalog. Anybody
know anything about them.

Ah well, sorry for the deluge of questions...

BEN RUSET - http://www.monmouth.com/~bruset
78 MGB Roadster - 89 Mercury Cougar
"If you gaze for a long time into an abyss,
 the abyss gazes also into you." - F.W. Nietzsche