Re: NO LBC: Veterans Day

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: NO LBC: Veterans Day
From: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 1997 15:04:17 -0500
>A shiver ran down my spine when I read this, for my father-in-law died
>last week.

It's a shame that soldiers don't get much recognition. Expecially with my
generation. Maybe the absence of a major war in my generations memory has
blinded us to the fact that strangers offered their lives protecting our
rights, lives, etc. 'Tis a shame.

It takes a lot to be a soldier - I know that I'd probably never want to go
under fire. Heck, I could have joined the Army Band, but I was afraid!
Kudos to all the vets, alive or not, that have fought for their country and
what they believe in.

BEN RUSET - http://www.monmouth.com/~bruset
78 MGB Roadster - 89 Mercury Cougar
"If you gaze for a long time into an abyss,
 the abyss gazes also into you." - F.W. Nietzsche