RE: NO LBC: Veterans Day

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: NO LBC: Veterans Day
From: "Randy Rees (Volt Computer)" <a-rrees@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 12:24:05 -0800
I served 256 days in country, on the front lines in the Persian Gulf war, I
was a gunner in a M1 Abrams tank. The biggest thing I remember was on the
flight home we stopped in Bangor Maine, and when I got off the plane I was
amazed at the turn out of people to greet us and provide support, but the
biggest memory was from a Vietnam Vet all decked out in his field jacket
with his medals all over it, He came up to me and gave me a great big hug
and looked me in the eyes and said, "Thank you for all you've done, and I
thank the Lord for your return and that the American people have welcomed
you back without the spitting and name calling we had to endure". that
really touched me, as he was more worried about how I was received back from
the war than the injustices he had gone through.

To Vets everywhere in every country and especially those I served with and
the few I lost on a foreign soil almost seven years ago,
THANK YOU, and remember: Freedom isn't Free.

Thanks

Randy Rees