Re: Women -=- WAS: We didn't win and it's MY fault

To: bruset@monmouth.com
Subject: Re: Women -=- WAS: We didn't win and it's MY fault
From: FunE4MG@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 1997 17:36:09 -0500 (EST)
Ben,
Apparently, I got very lucky 21 years ago... my wife was the daughter of a
Seabee mechcanic (US Navy)... prior to his joining the Seabees, he was a
british car mechanic at a shop that allowed him to test drive customers cars
home for lunch. She recalls a time when she was exitedly running out the door
to meet him when she tripped and cut her forehead open... he just scooped her
up and drove her to the emergency room in a TR3 with white leather
interior... must have imprinted upon her...
She loves the Sprite, ...even suggested once that we get an MGB-GT so she
could drive it to work during inclement weather,.... drives the T/S/D rallies
(while I navigate) because she is more stable with the gas pedal than I am...
wants tickets to go to a racing school as a Christmas present....has driven
an MGB around Sears Point at speed....NEVER will drive an automatic trans,
even a rental car must have a stick shift...can change her own flat tires,
add oil and coolant, knows enough about brake fluid to not spill it AND not
mix the regular with the silicone... knows the location and can easily find
the phone numbers to 3 different parts suppliers....has been the regalia
person for at least 1 car club we've belonged to...has helped me run and set
up 2 different rallye's....

I don't know why there aren't more of these women around.... they're
definitely smart enough to know that the car AND the man must present a
challenge or it's just not worth the effort to maintain the relationship.....

I feel for the rest of you guys who are still looking.
Cheers to all.
Tom