Re: Women -=- WAS: We didn't win and it's MY fault

To: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
Subject: Re: Women -=- WAS: We didn't win and it's MY fault
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 20:08:22 -0800
At 03:00 PM 11/9/97 -0500, you wrote:

>Where does one find women who don't object to LBC's? My girlfriend (now ex
>girlfriend) chewed me up and spit me out when I told her that I bought my
>B. (Imagine the fun if I had told her that it didn't run...!) She exclaimed
>that she would never ride in it, why didn't I want to keep driving my
>Mercury, etc.
>
><sarcasm>
>I'm in the market - if anyone has any of their daughters that they want to
>donate, send them my way, as long as they like MGs! =)
></sarcasm>

Its a long and frustrating search but well worth the effort!  My SO came
pre-trained, complete with her own LBC history and, at the time, a BBC
(Austin A99 Westminster w/OD) a love of all things BMC and enough Brit Car
knowledge to hold her own in most LBC groups.  She knew all about THE PRINCE
when we were dating and just exactly what was required to restart a stuck SU
fuel pump ( though being new to the Abingdon marque she had to be shown were
to apply the adjustment, only once mind you).  She is the ONLY female member
of our T series club who insists on driving in some of the events and, in
what has now become family tradition, she drives the 100 mile homeward bound
leg of our annual All British over nighter to Whistler.  For our tenth
anniversary (SEVERAL years ago) we went to the very posh restaurant we'd
gone to on our first date.  There, after a lovely meal, over brandy and
coffee she gave me my anniversary gift: a NOS steering wheel for the GT. Eat
yer hearts out....

 The really great thing is that this appears to run true in the genes.  As
my oldest approaches driving age she has become more interested in all
things automotive and is more and more seeing the attraction of an LBC.  My
youngest however is closer to my heart in this regard.  Since she was about
7 she has steadfastly maintained that she would one day own a car just like
the one on the wall in my den.  I hope I'm still about when she gets it.
It's a gorgeous red XK-150 DHC, top down in a field of snow.........

To those of you single types still searching, keep up the hunt.  To those of
you other OF's  saddled with an unsympathetic SO, my heartfelt condolences.

  Ross MacPherson
 1947 MG-TC 3528
 1966 MGB-GT