Re: Engine replacement options (non-MG)?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Engine replacement options (non-MG)?
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 10 Nov 1997 15:43:32 -0600
In <Pine.SOL.3.91.971110145421.21750A-100000@ux7.cso.uiuc.edu>, Der schwarze
Buccaneer wrote:
>       Well, it seems my engine is going to need alot done to it,  and,
>by the time the costs are added up, I could just as easily plant a
>rebuilt used American motor under the hood.

I doubt very seriously that this is true.  Rebuilding a B power plant
is no more expensive than rebuilding any other 4-banger, and
considerably less than alternatives with more cylinders.  By the time
you are done with changes in mounts, driveshafts, suspension, cooling
and brakes (required for more powerful units) you will be well beyond
the costs of a rebuild.  If you simply want more power, say so.  But
be prepared to pay for it.

                        A. B. Bonds