Re: Veterans Day Tribute

To: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Subject: Re: Veterans Day Tribute
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 20:30:41 -0500
Robert Allen wrote:
> Whoa there Trevor! You saying bad things about our 'murkin iron?

  Define bad?

  I'm not saying "Oh, rip out the American engine in your
Mustang and get an MGB engine in there as fast as possible!". That
would be a proper definition of "saying bad things".

  Quite fairly however, most american engines don't set
mindblasting standards for reliability or engineering that
make it appealing to tear down a perfectly good MGB to put
one of them in.

  Both the MGB engine and most reasonable American replacements
are good reliable engines if maintained. However, neither
really can make a great argument to replace the other especially
with the amount of work involved. In fact, any custom
engineering to make it fit is likely to make the "transplanted"
engine the least reliable no matter which direction
you are going.

> Not world leaders? Humph! It's people exactly like you that have saved
> your country, ya know. If it wasn't for all that liberal whining from
> the north, we'd'a annexed the tundra long ago.

  This defies logic. (and replies)

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada