Re: Paradise By The Dashboard Light

To: "J. Neil Doane" <root@yeah.indstate.edu>
Subject: Re: Paradise By The Dashboard Light
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 08:13:51 -0600 (CST)
You wrote:

>Just wondering...are the dashlights on MGs (er, rather, on my '73 'B)
>supposed to be really dim?  I know there is an adjustment, but in the
case
>of my car this knob makes my dash lights go from really-dim to
extra-dim
>to off.  If this is abnormal, could it be the fault of the adjustment
>knob?  Is there more than one light back there that might be burnt
out?
>...or is this something else altogether?  It'd be sortof nice to not
have
>to wait for my night vision to return every time meet another car on
the
>road before I can read my spedometer or to not have to flick a
cigarette
>lighter in front of my temp gauge to check the engine temp.
>
>neil doane

I personally never understood the need to dim dash lights. How many of
you have ever had a car that had dash lights so glaring that you had to
turn them down? I have the Reostats by-passed in all of my British
cars. There are four ears on the back of the Reostat, they are paired.
By that I mean, this is just a dimmer switch with an in and an out.
There are two ears on the "in" side and two on the "out" just swap a
wire from one side to the other and you will by-pass the switch and get
the brightest possible dash lights. Just my opinion, your's may vary,
Safety Fast, David Deutsch