State Comparisons

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: State Comparisons
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 12:48:28 EST
VINCE Wrote>  Today in San Antonio, it was a balmy 75 degrees F  (San
Antonio, TEXAS)

To Which LARRY Responded> No snow - rainy and cold. Top down cruise
today. Sucker you get all the lousy weather!! (Near Philly, PENNSYLVANIA)

And RICH Said>  It's 22 degrees out, a light snow is falling with a
couple of inches on the ground.  I am sitting inside in the warmth,
drinking a steaming pot of coffee, and Miss Molly is tucked safely away
in a heated garage owned by an understanding buddy.  I am finishing up
some odds and ends paperwork and then will continue working on my winter
projects for updating Molly.  Later, I will gather ye olde hunting
equipment together, sally forth, kill some defenseless fur-bearing
creatures, and eat them.  I may even cook them this time.

Ahhh, the joys of living where there are seasons.  The snow is rarely
bad, doesn't last long, and you can drive year round if want.  There's no
mechanical inspections, no emissions testing, and we have low insurance,
low licensing, low taxes, good but reasonable property values, and the
state has had a tax surplus for several years. The economy is strong,
unemployment is low, and there are several thousands of miles of good
roads for long pointless drives.  The folks are friendly and conservative
but tolerant, the food is good, and there is a surplus of farmer's
daughters.  I not saying the place is perfect, but when I got my
Dial-A-Prayer bill the other day, Heaven was a local call....

Rich Arnold
Council Bluffs, IOWA
'79 Midget "Molly Maguire"