Re: need advice (kinda long)

To: "robert weeks" <robert@woozy.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: need advice (kinda long)
From: "RossOvercash" <jroverca@tiac.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 14:30:33 -0500
Robert,

I would start by writing very detailed account, in letter form,of the
situation including all conversations you have had with the mechanic.  In
your conclusion I would state, that you want  the car repaired and that  you
expect to hear from him within a specified time (14 days is reasonable to
me) of his receipt of the letter as to his intentions.  Send the whole thing
with a return receipt (you can pay a bit extra and have it delivered
directly to him as opposed to who ever receives mail for the shop).  If this
doesn't get a response I would send another letter stating that he has seven
days to respond or you will seek legal advice, if he doesn't respond either
retain an attorney or call the state department of consumer affairs.  They
often will intercede on behalf of dissatisfied consumers.  The key is
remaining firm and following through..The bottom line is most lawyers (I
think) will start off with the letter writting thing anyway so do that part
your self.  You probably have a case of some kind.  It might pay to call
your consumer affairs office to check on the laws that protect you in this
case.

Good luck