RE: AA BADGES

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: AA BADGES
From: stuart farmer <k7wf@tdn.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 11:22:29 -0800
I just returned from a trip to England and Wales.
The US dollar is not worth much over there.
The cost of an AA badge at 15 pounds Sterling would
be quite expensive.

At $1.62 to the pound (the present rate of exchange)
the badge would cost you $24.30 American. (plus frieght?)

I could understand purchacing one if I belonged to the
organization, but would not think of displaying a badge,
or paying that kind of price, for a piece of metal that
represents nothing in USA.

I displayed both AA and RAC on my 1939 MGTB when I lived over
there, because I was a member of both organizations at
that time. The bumper of my 79 MGB is clean of all badges
but I will be proud to display the badge of the club I
intend to join in the near future, regardless of cost.

On another subject, I saw a few MGF's on the road, all with
the tops down (September) and that is one fine looking car.
Seeing one on the street would make any MG enthusiast green
with envy. Unfortunately I didn't get to drive one.

I have not written much for the list, but have been reading
all the mail, much of which is repetative, much of which is
a waste of the author's time to write, and much of which has
nothing to do with the proposed subject (MG's). I get the
impression that many are sending this stuff just to
see the reaction it gets from the readers. I find that I am
reading the title, seeing the name of the author, and just
killing the message without reading it. So much for reaction !!

Let's have fewer weather reports and dirty jokes, and stick
to the more interesting subject : MG motor cars and how to
keep them running. Surely THAT is the list's purpose.

Hope this letter is taken in the spirit it is intended.

Sincerely, Stuart Farmer  79 MGB
Stuart Farmer
2724 Florida St.
Longview,WA 98632          k7wf@tdn.com