Re: Paint Selection

To: MG538156@aol.com
Subject: Re: Paint Selection
From: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 12:02:13 +0000
When I painted my TD myself back in 1966-67, I went with a nitrocelulose
lacquer BRG, a Ditzlac paint. Ten coats on top, five underneath. They
didn't have the 2-pack then. To this day, the shine is still very deep
but it has taken it's share of rock dings and chips from use through the
years. If I were to do it all again, I would go with the clear coat/base
coat as I did with my 67-BGT Special.
It is the factory Tartan Red and I look forward to many chipless miles
over it's life.
I got smarter as I got older. Didn't half kill myself painting this one,
it's a Sikkens paint and comes with a 6-year paint guarantee.

Cheers,
Dave Houser