Re: Fw: (Non-tech)Winter Driving - MG Content, long.

To: MGSMGBGT@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fw: (Non-tech)Winter Driving - MG Content, long.
From: Gregory Kirk <gkirk@empirenet.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 08:55:32 -0800
A car that was designed to handle well in the first place will handle
better than most in poor traction situations.  One of the bigest
problems with rear wheel drive vehicles in snow country is the lack of
weight over the rear axel.  i.e. the car has poor weight distribution in
the first place, and the effects are amplified in poor traction
conditions.

If you want a good demostration of this, test drive a light pickup with
nothing in the bed on a snowy day.  Then toss a couple of hundred pounds
of sand in the back of the bed and drive it around again.  Handling will
be much improved. Overall I've found the weight distirbution on my
Midget (Mk1)to be quite good in comparison to most RWD vehicles I've
driven.

Greg Kirk