GT Springs on a Roadster?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT Springs on a Roadster?
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 18:08:14 -0500 (EST)
Got my 71 (chrome bumper) B in the shop for some work. The mechanic said my
rear springs are a little weak. I said go ahead and put new ones on. We got
to talking
and I mentioned that I planned on taking a trip to Florida with my brother
(about a 1K trip from here). He recommended using GT springs with two hefty
men plus luggage. I also have a high curb at the end of my driveway, and I
thought the extra inch or so
might help. (The muffer has scrapped on occasion.)

Has anybody tried this? He assured me that it's not a drastic change.
Opinions?

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - finally home after 2 years in shop, AMGBA #96-12029