RE: (*ON* TOPIC) Here I sit -- tales of woe

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: (*ON* TOPIC) Here I sit -- tales of woe
From: Alan Bidgood <bidgood.alan@ssd.loral.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 08:59:57 -0800
Ben,

I also have a 1978 B, Unfortunately I can't look at it right now, but
hopefully I can still help a little.

Mine electrically was all working when I got it.  It has the aftermarket
'Allison" ignition with an otical sensor thing in the dizzy.

There is pretty much the same set up which you described:

One grey wire from the distrib to the ignition module, but I suspect
that may have more than one wire inside the grey sleeving? also,
there is the obsolete wire with three OOO looking female connectors
just dangling by the oil filter, presumably from the original setup, so
don't think that is anything to be concerned with.  There is also a
green
wire that connects to bulb thing, I'm also not sure what that is for.

The only other point I can offer is I don't believe you should be able
spin it clockwise and counterclockwise about 45 degrees in either
direction with relative ease. - that may be your main problem, is the
bracket which holds the dizzy near the engine block tight?

Hope this helps a little,

                                            Good luck,

Alan B.'