Multi-threaded: MG World, MG dash; MGF & Sports car styling

To: MGDIGEST <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Multi-threaded: MG World, MG dash; MGF & Sports car styling
From: David Knowles <dknowles@uk.b-r.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 13:10:00 -0000
Picking up on a few threads:

1). - The best all-timber dashboards are made by Mike Satur in the UK.
He advertises in the UK mags (MG World and MG Entusiast). Contact him
on:

 http://www.british-cars.org.uk/satur

or by phone on +44 1226 750147 (01226 750147 within UK) or fax +44 1226
751523

Mike does a lot of other tasty trim for MGB and MGF.

2). - MG World: if you can't get it, why not subscribe? It is a new mag,
and therefore is bound to be difficult to find in some places - it takes
time for magazines to get so well known that they become part of the
furniture, and MGW is still only on its second issue (just out).

Their web-site is:

http://www.chp.ltd.uk

or phone +44 1869 340061 (fax 340063)

or e-mail

mgworld@chp.ltd.uk

3). MG sports car design - "I do/do not like the MGF please delete as
applicable de da de da de da"

MGWorld (its that mag again!) is running a competition for YOU to design
your own MG. You can get full details from the mag, but in essence they
are after one or more A3 (about 16.5 in. x 11.5 in.) colour sketches,
showing at least one three-quarter view, an interior sketch and 500
words on why your idea would make a great MG.

Type of car can be anything you want - even a SUV or MPV (heaven
forbid). Prize is a special signed print by MGF designer Gerry McGovern
and of course everlasting immortality.

Address is MG2000, MG World, PO Box 163, Bicester, OX6 3YS, UK and
closing date January 30 1998. I expect that the nice Mr. Raby will fax
or e-mail you entry details if you are still struggling to get hold of
copies of the mag.

If you have a strong opinion on how MG's should look, and want to get
this through to the copmany that will eventually bring the marque back
to the USA, then get scriblling. The judge will be Gerry McGovern
himself. Bearing that in mind, I suggest in your 500 word blurb you
don't trash the MGF, but say how you want to "build on its strengths"
with your "evolutionary" approach - if you get my drift (flattery is
better than battery).