Re: Multi-threaded: MG World, MG dash; MGF & Sports car styling

To: miker15@juno.com
Subject: Re: Multi-threaded: MG World, MG dash; MGF & Sports car styling
From: David Knowles <dknowles@uk.b-r.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 10:50:00 -0000
I too like the RV8. Dynamically it may have been inferior to the
state-of-the-art stuff, but then to some of us that is perhaps part of
the appeal. You might be interested to know that the guy in charge of
the styling work was an American (see my book MG The Untold Story -
shameless plug). The only thing they did wrong, IMHO, was to keep the
MGB doors, which do not fit that easily between the sweeping new wings.
Those tail lights, however, should have won an Oscar.

I have been sketching out my own ideas for the competition, and they are
not a million miles from the RV8 concept - long hood, short deck and
plenty of sensuous curves. I look forward to seeing plenty of US entries
when they publish the final results - of course they are not going to
build these actual designs, but we can at least hope that they look at
them and take some inspiration. If you can handle a pen, then why not
have a go?