Paint and quality paint jobs.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Paint and quality paint jobs.
From: Joe MacDoniels <macdoniels@HOPE.CIT.HOPE.EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 17:40:30 -0500
Somewhere I 'grabbed' an image (DAN1.JPG) of a very nicely painted maroon
(Carmine Red) 77 or so roadster.

If it is yours (or you painted it) let's invite you talk about the color,
the paint, the process, etc. which resulted in such a smooth rich finish.
If, of course, you did this with photographic tricks or computer wizzardry,
send your reply to the appropriate other lists.

I like the varied discussions on our list, as long as a general norm of good
taste and civility prevails, but I really think this list is at its best
when folks who "really" know begin to describe in detail how to accomplish
varied tasks in restoring, tunning, rebuilding and maintaining our cars. The
expertise revealed in these "conversations" is more engaging than a hundred
Technical Reports and equally valuable.

My interest is in the bodywork and painting...my winter project...and I
would love to hear the 'pros' hold forth with ideas and tips.  How about it!

Peace,
Joe MacDoniels
77 Brooklands B roadster--rusty but loved.