Electronic Ckts of Interest

Subject: Electronic Ckts of Interest
From: "White, Richard H." <White@courier3.aero.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 15:11:00 -0800
Message to the list:

I have built a simple but very useful electronic fan thermostat, to control
my MGB cooling fans.  I will share the schematic with those interested.
Basically, I can control the temperature that the cooling fans turn on and
off by turning a knob inside the car.  A red LED lets me know when the fan is
on, and an override switch is there just in case the electronics fail.  It
works beautifully on both my Samurai and MGB.

Other ckts in the works:

electronic "while you drive" carb flow balance "sync" meter

simple onboard dyno meter that measures time it takes to accelerate between
two present engine speeds.  ie-time elapsed between 30 to 80 mph in top gear,
change something, do it again on same road.

Other more complicated dyno, based on strain gauges

Richard White