Re: New Baby Home

To: Rick Huber <102221.1716@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: New Baby Home
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 19:24:49 -0500 (EST)
> Hi group,
>

> 3.  I've got the DIY Guide for Restoration.  I'm thinking of stopping short
> of full restoration to just make a very nice daily driver.  Preparing the
> body for paint, how much should I dissassemble ? Bumpers / windshield /
> external fittings / interior / door mechanicals ?  How much should I paint
> ?  Engine bay (do I take everything out to paint in there ?), inside doors,
> inside boot, interior ?

        When it comes to painting I would remove everything that you
would mask.I would also remove the windshield as well as the rubber seals
for the vent and side windows. To do the engine bay right takes a lot of
prep work, everything should be removed. For a driver I wouldn't bother,
you will run into all sorts of"while I'm at it's" . I would also suggest
leaving the body work to the experts but consider doing the painting
yourself. As far as the engine goes well...it sounds like a fun project so
go for it. I will be surprised if it is done by next summer though. I
think by the time you are done you'll have some serious money into the
car. Check out the library you should find some information on engine
swaps.
...Art